Last Updated on January 26, 2022 by Miguel S
Scoring long-range free kicks in FIFA 17 can be of great help as they occur frequently and have a fairly simple technique.
Receiving a foul in the front d is very common, but receiving it 5 or 6 meters from the area is much more so. Without knowing the proper techniques, a powerful shot can be attempted without much faith, a pass or a cross. But today we want to show you a much more effective technique.
Today we are going to present you a free-kick technique called knuckleball or dry leaf. It basically consists of giving effect and power to the launch, making it ideal for launches from medium distance.
When to try a Folha Seca or a Knuckelball?
We need them to be fulfilled two requirements so that our shot has options to end up at the bottom of the meshes:
First of all have a shooter with good levels of shot power and foul accuracy (Fk Accuracy, not dry accuracy). Both are necessary and here we give you ideas of which ones can help you:
There are no players that coincide in both lists, but I anticipate that Cristiano Ronaldo and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are some of the best Folhas Seca or Knuckelball pitchers in the game.
That field area be the appropriate one to execute a Folha Seca or Knuckelball. This is to between 27 and 35 meters from the goal.
Execute long free kicks in FIFA 17 with Folha Seca or Knuckelball
We must follow the following steps if we want it to end in a goal:
- Confirm that we are at the right distance, between 27 and 35 meters.
- Choose a shooter who has good shot power and foul accuracy values. You have to be good at both.
- We aim between the two players of the barrier that are on the opposite side of the goalkeeper. We can try to aim differently if we see more space, but it is quite effective that way.
- We leave pressed the power shot button on fouls (LB on Xbox or L1 on PlayStation), and the left stick up. There are those who prefer to put the left joystick diagonally so that it takes a little more effect and it also comes out, both methods are effective.
- Fill the power bar between 3 and 3.5 bars. That is, a little more than three bars.
As you can see, this technique of distant fouls is quite simple. It is very similar to throwing power free kicks without further ado. And it’s pretty effective when we’ve got a proper shooter, though when you really don’t want to give up the opportunity is when either of the two mentioned defensive players is short. In that case, it is advisable to try to take advantage of that space a little more, slightly deviating the direction so that it passes over said player.
Video Tutorial: Long Fouls in FIFA 17
As always, we leave you with a video tutorial in case any of the steps is better understood. It is in English but the steps are perfectly understood. And as you will see, when they execute a Folha Seca or Knuckelball, they are not lacking in effectiveness.
If you want to see other ways or tricks to launch free kicks in FIFA 17, you can consult the free kick tutorial.